The Heavener City Council will meet in a regular business meeting Thursday at 6 p.m. in the city hall at 103 East Avenue B.
Here is the agenda:
CALL TO ORDER – Chairman
ROLL CALL – Clerk
INVOCATION – Chairman
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting.
- Approval of purchase orders presented for payment.
- Consider, discuss, and take action on Resolution # 2021-004 authorizing application for the Choctaw Nation grant to support restoration of the old city hall, community theater and the Masonic Lodge.
- Consider, discuss, and take action to adopt Proclamation # 2021-001 to make Heavener a Purple Heart City.
- Floor is open for nomination to fill one empty position on the Heavener Utility Authority Board of Trustees.
- Consider and take action on code violations for Medina Donaciano for property located at 400 West Avenue G, for rank weeds and grass.
- Consider and take action on code violations for Mountain Gateway Investments LLC, for property located at 305 West Avenue F, for rank weeds and grass.
- Consider and take action on code violations for Maria SanPedro Cruz for property located at 510 West Avenue F, for rank weeds and grass.
- Consider and take action on code violations for Mary L. and P. Yazbeck for property located at 800 West 2nd, for rank weeds and grass.
- City Commission votes to enter into executive session (requires majority vote of quorum of the members present to enter).
- Enter executive session with city manager and attorney for confidential communications, as authorized by 25 O.S. Sect. 307 (B) concerning:
- Promotion of Officer Adam Nelson from part time at $13 hour, to full time at $15 hour.
- Replacement of faulty and non-working Police equipment
- Reconvene in open meeting.
- Consider, discuss and take action on promoting Officer Adam Nelson from part time at $13 hour, to full time at $15 hour.
- Consider, discuss and take action on approving funding for the purchase of new equipment for the police department. The items are needed to replace faulty and non-working units: Radios $11,000, body cams $ 9,000, tasers $4,000 and radar units $3,000. The total purchase shall not exceed $ 29,000.
- New Business / Public Comments (the public will be recognized by the Mayor from a sign-in sheet, where each citizen wishing to address the city commission, shall sign their name and the request or purpose for being recognized).
- Department. heads’ reports
- Treasurer’s report
- City manager’s report
- Trustees’/chairman’s report